Our service providers are continuously trained in all Aveda treatments and products. Our skills certification and price levels directly reflect the advanced training and experience of our professionals and specialists. Levels are determined by the number of years an employee has in the industry and at Body Matters as well as their advanced training.
Owner and Spa Coordinator November 16, 2015
Our Service Providers:
Nail Specialist and Massage Professional
• Licensed Nail Technician and Certified Massage Therapist
• Joined Body Matters May, 2006
• Professional Training: Rhode Island Beauty Academy
2001 Nail Technician Program (300 hrs)
Salter School 2010 Massage Program (900 hrs)
• Aveda Professional Training - Ongoing
• Favorite treatment to receive: Fassage
• Favorite treatment to give: The RoseMaryMint Spa Pedicure
• Snippet "Have you met Zoe?"
Nail Specialist for more than 20 years
* Licenced Nail Technician
*joined Body Matters Oct, 2000 ]
*Aveda Professional Training - Ongoing
*Favorite treatment to receive: neck & shoulder massage
*Favorite treatment to give: Aveda Spa pedicure
*Snippet: studying to be the very best nurse, as she is already a great Mom & wife
• Licensed Massage Therapist L.M.T.
• Joined Body Matters March, 2011
• Professional Training - Salter School - 2010 Massage Program (900 hrs)
• Aveda Professional Training - ongoing
• Favorite treatment to receive: Any Massage!
• Favorite treatment to give: Deep Tissue Massage
• Snippet - Enjoys anything outdoors! Loves to travel and take vacations exploring new places.
• Esthetician E.S.
• Joined Body Matters September, 2015
• Professional Training - Aveda Institute Rhode Island - Esthiology Program (600 hrs)
• Aveda Professional Training - ongoing
• Favorite treatment to receive: A 90 minute Aveda Facial!
• Favorite treatment to give: The Perfecting Plant Peel
• Snippet - Born in India and raised in sunny California, Mindy brings you the ancient beauty secrets of her heritage and a combination of cultures like no other!
Massage Therapist L.M.T. Esthetician E.S. Cosmetologist C.O.S. Joined Body Matters June 2015
Professional training: Green Mountain institute of Intergrative Bodywork and Massage Therapy, Paul Mitchel Skin Academy, Empire Beauty School.
* Snippet- Jaeda is a triple licensed wellness professional providing rejuvinating treatments for 10 years. She is also on the Faculty at the Newport Massage School (Sama) teaching Massage Therapy. Jaeda has truely found her passion in helping students become the best they can be, and helping her clients look and feel their best!
The Perfect Gift For Everyone For Every Occasion!
Body Matters Day Spa gift certificates can be purchased for any of our services, or any dollar amount. Available online or at the Spa
Do you know we honor all* salon/spa gift certificates up to 60% of the value!
*Within Rhode Island and SE Massachusetts/limit 2 per guest.
May be used for spa services only.
Use of other spa/salon gift certificates subject to confirmation of value and status of business.
Aveda concept salon/spa = 60% Aveda family salon/spa = 50%
(With a maximum redemption value of $100)
Local non Aveda salon/spa = 40% Closed salon/spa = 30%
(With a maximum redemption value of $50)
To strive for excellence with continued learning and communication.
To maintain respect and trust in our relationships.
To support the individuality of each person.
Our commitment to this mission ensures individual and team success
Aveda Mission Statement
Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty but around the world.
History of Body Matters Day Spa
Body Matters, an Aveda Concept Day Spa and Retail Center, is located in Middletown Rhode Island, just outside of historic Newport. We have operated in the same location since 1995, and have expanded several times bringing our current space to 2,400 square feet which includes 6 treatment rooms, a private Swiss shower, a guest relaxation waiting room, & changing room with lockers.
Body Matters Day Spa began as a skin care center, but quickly expanded our spa focus to include nail and massage services. We currently offer a complete menu of services including facials, cosmetics, natural nail care manicures and pedicures, massage, wellness treatments, and body treatments. Body Matters is an escape from the stresses of life; it is a source of nurturing services with caring people in a quiet environment.
In May 2008, we renovated our 500 square foot Retail and Reception Center in which we carry the full line of Aveda skin, body, and hair products. This allowed us to enhance the product displays and to eliminate excessive noise from the treatment area in order to provide our guests with a more relaxing spa experience.
Prices listed may be adjusted as required
We will confirm all appointments. This is a courtesy call, please note your appointment on your daily calendar. We suggest you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time. Late guests may be subject to a shorter service time, while responsible for the full service fee. If you are late for your appointment we will be happy to provide you with the remaining portion of your allotted service time if possible.
Should you need to reschedule an appointment, 24 hours notice is requested so we may offer the time to someone on our appointment wait list. Payment is required for a missed appointment without a 24 hour notice of cancellation; no charge will be incurred if we are able to fill your cancelled/missed appointment. Payment for a missed appointment may be deducted from your gift certificate.
May be used for any service or product equal to the purchase value; they may not be returned or cashed out. While a gift certificate will never expire, 1 year from the purchase date the bearer is responsible for any difference in service price for certificates purchased and redeemed for a specific service.
May be made within 30 days for a Store Credit only. No returns for clearance, discontinued items and traveled size products.
Returned checks: are subject to a $25.00 fee.